The year is 1940. Japan continues to flex its military might in China as political tension grips the world. In Europe, France is about to fall, and Asia braces for the impact. Holland, now occupied by Germany, is forced to leave its resource rich colonies in the Dutch East Indies vulnerable to the oil-starved Imperial Japanese Empire. French Indo-China will soon be occupied by Japanese land, sea, and air forces. Britain has received an ultimatum to close the Burma Road or risk war with Japan. The United States reacts with an embargo of strategic materials. The stage is set.
As the Empire of Japan, you will plan, build, and maneuver your mighty fleets of ships and aircraft in your effort to dominate half the world. When the time is right, you will enter into direct military confrontations with the mightiest economic powers on earth, attempting to cripple them before they can thwart your plans of conquest.
As one of the Allied powers, you must come together with your allies in the recognized need for a common defense. To succeed, you will need to take charge of the economic, political, and military reigns of your world power, because you'll be challenged by the greatest naval and air power in the world.
• Theater-level combat focusing on the Eastern Hemisphere at the beginning of World War II.
• Leave your mark on history! Play as Japan, China, the U.S., U.K. or ANZAC forces.
• 500 plastic miniatures!
• Extra large 35" x 32" game board for a greater play experience.
• Punchboard tokens are now double sided!
• Updated rulebook based on Errata documents and FAQs.
• Stand-alone game, but compatible with Axis & Allies: Europe 1940 (sold separately) for a huge Axis & Allies experience!